About the Best New Product Awards
The Best New Product Awards is an annual awards program focusing on everyday consumer packaged goods products (food and beverage, health and beauty, kids, and household).
Winners are selected based on voting by real consumers who participate in The Best New Product Awards survey. The program, now in its ninth year, has quickly become the consumer’s choice, giving shoppers the confidence they need when confronted with purchase decisions.
In addition to voting in the survey, consumers provide their ratings and high quality reviews on the products entered. These reviews can be syndicated to e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Walmart.
Winners are able to use the logo on all marketing vehicles. They are also included in a high-impact public relations campaign and receive a 20-second professionally produced video spot highlighting what shoppers loved about your product and why it was chosen a BNPA winner!
How are the products that are part of the program selected?
Every year, we open the Best New Product Awards to all manufacturers to enter their new food, health and beauty, and household care products. We include categories most relevant to current consumer trends and attitudes.
Why choose Best New Product Awards? It’s Credible.
- The awards are 100% consumer voted. There are no juries.
- Niche and new to market products are also able to enter.
- All categories include 3-5 new innovative products* that fulfill the same consumer need from at least 2 manufacturers, ensuring that no manufacturer can buy a win.
- It is a proven credential that helps deliver ROI with some leveraged winners having a 10-18% sales lift*
- The program is run by a leading independent research firm BrandSpark International, a Gold Seal Member of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) and ESOMAR member.
*Source: Based on sales at actual stores. Drug retailer category sales and BNPA winner sales with flyer promotion. Percentages shown are monthly sales relative to January 2010 sales.
- July 27, 2016: Early Bird Registration closes.
- November 1, 2016: Registration closes.
- Beginning of January 2017: Winners are notified.
- January 2017: Consumer and Trade publicity efforts begin.
- March 2017: Commitment due to participate in the Satellite Media Tour.
Entry and Winners Package Information
All participating products: ENTRANCE FEE
$4,500 early bird (entries submitted before July 27, 2016), and $5,000 regular (entries submitted after July 27, 2016 until November 1, 2016)
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Ratings and Quality Reviews:NEW Authentic product ratings and reviews from real users will be provided as soon as within 6 weeks of entering. These can be presented as review content on your brand site, leveraged as consumer testimonials in digital, social or other media.
- These ratings and reviews can be posted to e-commerce platforms to boost your product ranking and sales!
- SPECIAL: For current Bazaarvoice clients, reviews can be syndicated directly through the Bazaarvoice network.*
- Product Scorecard: KPIs including quality, value, purchase intent, overall satisfaction, in-store product findability and standout score.
If your product wins: WINNERS FEE
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Best New Product Awards logo license: for use in all communication efforts including social and digital media, in-store, etc, for as long as desired, provided the year of win is included
- 20-second professionally produced videoNEW spot highlighting what shoppers loved about your product and why it is a BNPA winner. This can be used as digital content, used on social media and other vehicles.
- Inclusion in the highly successful national PR outreach program including opportunity for TV morning shows
* Will be invoiced following announcement of winners.
** Winners fee is to be paid only by winning products.
*** Please note that you cannot withdraw from the program once you’ve entered.
Launch Timing for Eligible Products
Products are eligible for participation in the 2017 BNPAs if they were launched between June 1, 2015 and November 1, 2016 represent a meaningful product innovation, and have sufficient distribution to allow us to find past purchasers of the product.